We understand a small number of customers who’ve purchased the 2013 MixAmp Pro may be experiencing the annoying Power Drop issue. This blog is for you.
Unfortunately this is a hardware compatibility issue. Technically speaking, the 2013 MixAmp is too powerful for USB hosts that supply a voltage close to the low end of the USB spec. The power drop issue causes the 2013 MixAmp Pro to shut down partially (the Dolby path dies) and it won’t power up again until the MixAmp power has been unplugged and replugged. In many cases, the failure occurs nearly immediately after being plugged in.
If you’ve experienced any of the following symptoms, you may be a victim of the bug.
1) Dolby light, on the front of the MixAmp, won’t turn on and no game audio is present.
2) Your MixAmp powers off randomly during use.
If you’ve experienced either of these issues, we have a solution for you.
1) Try any other USB cable to power the MixAmp
– Shorter, fatter USB cables improve power delivery
– PS3 controller cables have been proven to alleviate the issue
2) Insert a powered USB hub between the console and the MixAmp
3) Contact our support team and we’ll be happy to send you an improved USB cable to power your MixAmp
– ASTRO Nexy