From the box, remove:
– Micro USB Cable
– Inline Mute Cable
– MixAmp Pro TR
– A40 TR Headset
Both versions of the MixAmp Pro TR are compatible with PC and MAC while in PC Mode. To change between PC Mode and Console Mode, Press and Hold the Power Button for 3 seconds. The Power Button will also glow with a white or red ring to signify which mode you’re currently in: PC Mode = White ring, Console Mode = Red ring.
Before you begin setup and customization, make sure MixAmp Pro TR firmware is fully updated. To update the MixAmp Pro TR firmware, connect it to a PC or MAC that has the ASTRO Command Center installed from this download link astrogaming.com/acc. Once the MixAmp Pro TR is updated, you can begin customizing your settings.
– Navigate to the Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound. Open up Sound Options and click on the Playback Tab.
– Right Click on Pro Game – Headphones and set it as the Default Device.
– Right Click on Headset Earphone – Pro Voice and set that as the Default Communication Device.
– Now navigate to the Recording Tab. We recommend setting the Pro Voice Headset Microphone as the Default Device.
– Open System Preferences, and then open the Sound Settings.
– Select the Input tab and ensure the sound input is on ASTRO MixAmp Pro Game.
– Next, open up the Output tab.
– Here, select ASTRO MixAmp Pro Voice for audio coming directly from the A40 TR Headset microphone.
MIXAMP PRO TR SETUP WITH STEAM
– Playing a STEAM game? Make sure that the input for the mic setting is set to PRO Voice.
MIXAMP PRO TR SETUP WITH COMMUNICATION PROGRAMS
– For this, Skype is the example. The MixAmp Pro TR is compatible with Skype, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Mumble, etc.
– In the System Preferences, open up AUDIO/VIDEO
– Under MICROPHONE, select the ASTRO MixAmp Pro Voice
– Head down to Speakers and Select: ASTRO MixAmp Pro Voice
– These settings will allow users to mix between voice and game audio. .
Thanks for joining the ASTRO Family!