From the box, remove:
– Micro USB Cable
– Optical Cable
– Inline Mute Cable
– MixAmp Pro TR
– A40 TR Headset
Before you begin, make sure the console, controller and MixAmp Pro TR are fully updated. To update the MixAmp Pro TR firmware, connect it to a PC or MAC that has the ASTRO Command Center installed from this download link astrogaming.com/acc. Once the MixAmp Pro TR is updated, connect it to a PlayStation 4.
Connect A40 + MixAmp TR to PS4:
– Take the micro USB cable and connect one end of the micro USB cable to the back of the MixAmp Pro TR and plug in the other end into the back of the PS4.
– Plug in one end of the optical cable to the back of the MixAmp Pro TR. Then, connect the other end to the back of the PS4.
– Connect your inline cable to the MixAmp, and connect the other end to the A40 TR.
You’ll also need to update the audio settings on your PlayStation 4!
Update PS4 Audio Settings:
– Once the MixAmp Pro TR is connected, it will assign the MixAmp Pro TR as a USB Device.
– From the Dashboard, navigate to ‘Settings then select Sound and Screen,’ and select ‘Audio Output Settings.’
– Change the primary output port to ‘Digital Out’ (Optical) with a format of ‘Dolby Digital 5.1ch,’ under Audio Format -select ‘Bitstream’ (Dolby).
– Go back to the Settings menu and navigate to the ‘Devices Menu.’ Open ‘Audio Devices’ and make sure that ‘Output to Headphones’ is on ‘All Chat.’
Thanks for joining the ASTRO Family!