Need help setting up your new A40 + MixAmp TR on Xbox One? Watch our latest setup video for a hands on demo & walk through our A40 TR Headset + MixAmp Pro TR Setup Guide to get started.
From the box, remove:
– Micro USB Cable
– Optical Cable
– Inline Mute Cable
– MixAmp Pro TR
– A40 TR Headset
Before you begin, make sure the console, controller and MixAmp Pro TR are fully updated. To update the MixAmp Pro TR firmware, connect it to a PC or MAC that has the ASTRO Command Center installed from this download link astrogaming.com/acc. Once the MixAmp Pro TR is updated, connect it to an Xbox One.
Connect A40 + MixAmp TR to Xbox One:
– Take the micro USB cable and connect one end of the micro USB end to the back of the MixAmp Pro TR, and plug the other end into the back of the Xbox One.
– Plug in one end of the Optical cable to the back of the MixAmp Pro TR then connect the other end of the cable to the back of the Xbox One.
– Connect one end of the inline cable to the A40 Headset, and the other end into the inline port to the front of the MixAmp Pro TR.
You’ll also need to update the audio settings on your Xbox One!
Update Xbox One Audio Settings:
– Ensure the MixAmp Pro TR is assigned to a controller. Power on and power off to reset controller assignment, if need be.
– Open the Kinect menu and make sure to uncheck the box marked ‘Use Kinect microphone for chat’
– Go back to the settings menu, from there open up the ‘Display and Sound Settings.’
– Under ‘Digital Audio’ open ‘HDMI Audio’ and select Off – we recommend leaving this off until users decide they want to stream.
– Then open ‘Optical Audio’ and select ‘Bitstream Out,’ navigate down to ‘Bitstream Format’ and select ‘Dolby Digital.’
Thanks for joining the ASTRO Family!