ASTRO GAMING IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE OFFICIAL SPONSORSHIP OF FOUR PRO TEAMS : EVIL GENIUSES ~ TEAM SOLOMID ~ OPTIC GAMING ~ ENVYUS
ASTRO has been a long-time supporter of eSports, hardcore gaming, and having fun. Over the years we’ve worked closely with professional teams to develop premium audio systems for dedicated pros and at-home gamers alike. We are proud to announce a dramatic expansion of our eSports division, becoming the official sponsor of today’s most dominant pro gaming teams: Evil Geniuses, Team SoloMid, OpTic Gaming, and EnVyUs.
As an official sponsor of each team, we will provide logistical and travel support for all major tournaments held nationwide. We’ll be providing tournament entry fees, and of course, ensuring our teams have the latest Headsets, MixAmps, and ASTRO gear. This weekend, March 15-17, our teams will be competing alongside more than 1,000 other superstars from around the world at the Major League Gaming Winter Championship in Dallas, Texas. Players and teams will compete in a variety of games, including Call of Duty®: Black Ops II™, League of Legends™ and Starcraft® II: Heart of the Swarm™ for $170,000 in prizes.
With our new sponsorship of Evil Geniuses, Team SoloMid, OpTic Gaming and EnVyUs, we plan to push the limits, taking pro gaming to the next level. As the industry evolves, we’ll work closely with our teams to drive research and development into the next generation of ASTRO Gaming products.
League of Legends ~ DOTA 2 ~ Starcraft II ~ CounterStrike ~ World of Warcraft: Cataclysm ~ Super Street Fighter IV
“We’re very happy to have been welcomed into the ASTRO portfolio of sponsored teams. We’ve always admired ASTRO’s attention to detail and approach to eSports, and we expect this partnership to help Evil Geniuses in a variety of different ways.” – Alexander Garfield, CEO of Evil Geniuses.
About Evil Geniuses:
- Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses is the Western world’s best video game team and a leading new media agency with a client portfolio that includes such brands as Intel, Monster Energy, Kingston Technology, and other major technology and consumer brands. Featuring gaming celebrities like Greg “IdrA” Fields, Justin “JWong” Wong, Lee “JD” Jaedong, Geoff “iNcontroL” Robinson, and Stephen “Snoopeh” Ellis, Evil Geniuses consists of only the most popular, storied, and influential gamers from around the world.
Evil Geniuses Social:
League Of Legends
“We are extremely proud to be sponsored by ASTRO! They have the best headsets on the market and we feel privileged to have the opportunity to represent their products.” – Andy “Reginald” Dinh
~ Andy “Reginald” Dinh
~ Shan “Chaox” Huang
~ Brian “TheOddOne” Wyllie
~ Alex “Xpecial” Chu
~ Marcus “Dyrus” Hill
~ Daryl “Wingsofdeathx” Hennegan
~ Jason “WildTurtle” Tran
- ~ 2011 MLG Providence – (1st place)
- ~ 2012 IPL 4 Las Vegas – (1st place)
- ~ 2012 RoG International – (1st place)
- ~ 2012 MLG Spring Championship – (1st place)
- ~ 2012 MLG Summer Arena – (2nd place)
- ~ 2012 IPL Face Off San Francisco – (1st place)
Team SoloMid MLG Dallas Schedule:
~ Friday, March 15 @ approx. 5:30 PM CST ~
Season Three NA LCS – TSM Snapdragon vs Good Game University
~ Saturday, March 16 @ approx. 4:00 PM CST ~
Season Three NA LCS – Curse Gaming vs TSM Snapdragon
~ Sunday, March 17 @ approx. 1:00 PM CST ~
Season Three NA LCS – compLexity vs TSM Snapdragon
Team SoloMid Social:
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
“OpTic Gaming is excited to continue our growth as an organization with the continued support of ASTRO Gaming, with their help the 2013 season is going to be a memorable and successful season!” – Hector Rodriguez, OpTic Gaming.
- ~ 2011 GameStop Black Ops PS3 – (1st place)
- ~ 2011 MLG Columbus Black Ops – (1st place)
- ~ 2011 MLG Orlando Black Ops – (1st place)
- ~ 2011 CoD XP MW3 $1 Million Dollar Tournament – (1st place)
- ~ 2012 UMG 10K Tournament – (1st place)
- ~ 2012 EGL7 CoD MW3 – (1st place)
Optic Gaming Social:
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
“Our team couldn’t be more excited to represent ASTRO Gaming in 2013. Their gear has truly become part of our daily lifestyles and has been integral to our success in competition.” – Mike Rufail, Team EnVyUs.
~ Jordan “Proofy” Cannon
~ Ray “Rambo” Lussier
~ Tosh “Stainville” McGruder
~ Jordan “JKap” Kaplan
- ~ 2008 MLG COD4 National Championship – (2nd place)
- ~ 2009 MLG COD4 National Championship – (2nd place)
- ~ 2010 MLG MW2 XBOX National Championship – (1st place)
- ~ 2011 GameStop Black Ops XBOX – (1st place)
- ~ 2011 MLG Black Ops National Championship – (2nd place)
- ~ 2012 EGL8 Manchester – (3rd place)
- ~ 2012 UMG Chicago MW3 – (2nd place)
- ~ 2012 UMG Chicago Black Ops 2- (4th place)
ALL ASTRO PRO TEAMS ARE COMPETING AT THE MLG WINTER CHAMPIONSHIP, MARCH 15-17 IN DALLAS, TX.
BE SURE TO FOLLOW OUR SOCIAL FEEDS FOR THE MOST CURRENT ASTRO NEWS AND TEAM UPDATES!
It’s game time!
if it matters , just a heads up… OpTic’s Roster is out dated… they lost Rambo and got Nadeshot. and they currently play Black Ops 2 instead of MW3
Lol I like how rambo is listed on both optic and nv squands smh
Comments are closed.