The Microsoft Stereo Chat Adapter has been release for the Xbox One, and we thought it was about time for us to update our connection guide.
A30 & A40 Audio Systems
Downloading the latest firmware for your MixAmp Pro.
Before you begin connecting your MixAmp Pro to the Xbox One be sure to update your MixAmp Pro to the latest firmware to ensure the best performance.
1) On a Windows based PC download the latest MixAmp Pro Firmware Update V5003 which can be done by clicking here.
3) Connect the included USB to USB-Mini cable from the USB input on the MixAmp Pro to one of the USB ports on your PC.
4) Run the ASTRO Gaming firmware update and follow the onscreen instructions to update your MixAmp Pro.
Connecting the A40 or A30 Audio System to your Xbox One.
1) Connect the included USB to USB-Mini cable to the USB-Mini input marked “USB” on the MixAmp Pro
2) Connect the included optical cable (mini-toslink) to the optical input on the MixAmp Pro.
3) Connect the free end of the included USB to USB-Mini cable to one of the USB ports on the Xbox One
4) Connect the free end of the included optical cable to the optical output on the Xbox One. Make sure that the cable is plugged into the correct slots, failure to do so will result in loss of all game audio.
3) Connect either the A40 or A30 Headset to the headset port on the front of the MixAmp Pro.
4) Connect the chat adapter to the Xbox One Controller.
5) Connect the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to the 3.5mm port on the Xbox One Chat adapter.
6) Using the 2.5mm Controller cable that came with your A30 or A40 Audio System connect the Xbox One Chat Adapter to the MixAmp Pro controller port.
When using your A30 or A40 Headset remember to adjust the position of your mic close to your mouth for better pickup.
Configuring the Xbox One settings.
1) On the Xbox Live Dashboard hit the start button on the controller and navigate to “settings.”
2) > Navigate to Display and sound > Optical audio > Select “Bitstream out”.
2) Navigate to Display and sound > Bitstream format > Select “Dolby Digital”
3) Go back to the Settings menu from Settings > Kinect > Select “Use Kinect mic for chat” and make sure it is unchecked.
– These settings will allow you to take advantage of the ASTRO MixAmp Pro’s Dolby 7.1 virtual surround sound encoding and have you ready to use your A40 or A30 Audio System with your Xbox One.
And as always you can you can find more information on all the ASTRO Gaming social networks: