ASTRO News Flash!
Hello, ASTRO Family, you’re looking fantastic on this fine Friday. We’re aiming to enjoy a beautiful day here at the San Francisco office, and, of course, kick back around 1pm to enjoy some in-house Plants vs Zombies. However, we thought it might be nice to give you some insight on what we’ve been up to.
We’ve added two streams to our weekly round up, the CRT Stream (which, while still bringing you excellent entertainment and support, will likely be undergoing a name-change) happening every Sunday at noon, as well as our Happy Hour Livestream which will be happening every Friday at 1pm here in the ASTRO offices. Now we were slotted to engage in an undeath-match with Origin in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare but alas, they had to cancel. Probably because PAX is looming in the near future and there’s a lot to prepare for, but it sounds better if we pretend we intimidated them into not battling it out with us, right?
What’s Happening Now:
The world of eSports is booming this week thanks to Gamescom–two of our personal favorites include the Halo: Master Chief Collection Showdown where 8 lucky teams will be able to be the first to get their hands on the Master Chief Collection, and of course Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Pro Bootcamp where four ASTRO sponsored pro-teams will be competing.
Be sure to check out our blog about the two competitions if you haven’t had a chance, and the ESL Arena page to follow competition schedules and see what you can catch on livestream, including the Counter Strike: Global Offensive tournament which boasts a $250,000 prize and the Battlefield 4 Summer finals.
What you may have missed:
- – Finished 4th in the NA LCS Summer Split, earning them a spot in the NA LCS Playoffs.
- – Alchemixt and Darkwonyx qualified for the Hearthstone World Cup.
- – Curse Academy placed 2nd and LoL Pro placed 3rd in the League of Legends North American Challenger Series, advancing to the 2015 NA Spring Promotion, with a chance to play in the NA LCS 2015.
- – Took 1st place at Gfinity 3.
- – Qualified for the ESWC Electronics Sports World Cup.
- – Gonzalo “ZeRo” Barrios took 1st place in Zenith 2014 Project M Doubles and Singles.
What’s Coming Up:
- – League of Legends NA LCS and NACS Quarter Finals. (August 21st – 24th)
- – Call of Duty: Ghosts at UMG Dallas. (August 22nd – 24th)
- – NA LCS Semi Finals at PAX Prime 2014. (August 29th – September 1st).
If you’re looking to win yourself some ASTRO swag you’ll want to check out these upcoming events:
The USB Tx is still in beta but is available for purchase. This handy little device allows you to use your A50 headset with your PC without the use of an optical port. Now because we’re still working out the final details, if you buy it in beta, it’s available at a discount, and you’ll be able to give us feedback on the product so that we can make it as efficient as it can possibly be, thus making your gaming experience that much more epic.
You can check out an unboxing of the USB Tx by one of our ASTRO Family members, Coop Comrades:
As always, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Twitch for all things ASTRO. Game on!